This is my 500th post!
“Ha-hem, so, Insomnia sometimes becomes an unwanted bedfellow for many of us. I have it on and off throughout the year. I don’t know the cause but I know one thing, the cure is never the same twice! I’ve tried many things with differing success. Maybe one of those will help you: I’ll share them after my poem.”
Being tired and rundown leads to sickness
So, why can’t, I sleep with a quickness
Insomnia keeps me awake all night
No sleep coming, no matter how I fight
Tiredness leaves a tenderness of emotion
Yes, I already tried a sleeping potion
I’m irascible, that’s easy to make mad
Leave me alone – I’ll slap you to Trinidad
Being rundown is the worst
Leaves my head feeling fit to burst
I succumb easy to every ailment
I can’t drive – there’d be a derailment
So, somehow, I need to sleep
It’s no use counting a million sheep
Psychology failed, so I tried exercise instead
Tonight, I’ll try a sledgehammer to the head!
Possible Sleeping solutions
1. Lavender oil – a squirt on your pillow can work wonders
2. A new mattress if yours is old
3. Exercise before bed – to make you tired
4. blue light blocking glasses, or a screen ban after 9PM so screens cant ruin your circadian rhythm.
5. Almonds, Cocoa with full milk. Increases the natural serotonin producing chemicals in the body which can induce sleep
6. Routine – Up a 7AM and into the sun (if you can bloody see it that is!) in bed by 10PM every day. helps that circadian rhythm.
7. Meditative Breathing as you try to sleep to help you relax.
8. Sleeping remedies can have mixed results.
9. If all else fails you must undo some sleep studies with your doctor.
Thanks for reading, my friends, I really do appreciate it.
Don’t forget there’s always plenty more poem for you in the Poetry Corner. tab.
Have a great day!