“In modern times its become essential to recycle and reuse everything to save our planet. We’re drowning in trash and most of it could have been reused. Even those dread plastic bottles have 3 uses or more. After the poem I’ll share some recycling tips so you can recycle too.”
The Art of Recycling
While wandering in the Museum of Recycling Art
Freddy found it mesmerising to see
Everything was made of trash from statue to heart
At the centre was a beer tin beech tree
He marvelled at many a plastic bag dress
planters and road surfaces made from tyres
single-use bottles, remoulded as pieces for chess
human hair pillows as oil purifiers
A little thing impressed him more,
It was a little cameraman made of tin
Freddy loved taking pictures of what he saw
The little man with the polaroid made him grin
Freddie learned you could recycle most things
All it takes is a little ingenuity and thought
To reuse plastic, rubber and even springs
Let’s reuse everything from the rubbish we’ve wrought
By the end of the day, Freddie was tired
Smiling though, he had ideas for his trash
recycling things was simply inspired
He’d save the planet with art while making cash!
- Plastic milk cartons with holes in the lids make great watering cans
- Old wine corks float. Why not paint them and make pretty floating key rings
- Poke a few holes in smaller plastic bottles and slide in lolly sticks. Make slightly large holes above the sticks. Fill bottle with bird seed and seal with lid. For a recycled bird feeder.
- On the subject of birds any cooking grease especially bacon grease mixed with bird seed is a good winter treat when smeared and set on pine cones.
- Use newspaper instead of paper towels to mop up mess.
- junk mail is great for scrap paper and to chop up for art colours. Simply hole punch it and hang it above the desk with string.
- Old board game boards make great coasters. The playing pieces are fun to make jewellery with or as parts of an art project.
- Used Coffee grounds are excellent slug and ant repellent. They deodorise when placed In the bottom of the fridge too!
- Bike inner tubes can be cut into lengths for useful rubber bands and arty tassels.
- Toilet and kitchen roll tubes are awesome for art models and for hamsters and mice to play with.
- Pill bottles make great pen, staple, drawing pin, etc holders and more when glued together and placed in the stationary drawer.
- Old clothes make great rags to clean with or protect surfaces when painting. You could even cut them into strips and knit with them!
Everything has a re-use if we think about it. Get creative and recycle everything you can. The planet will thank you. Have you a cool recycling idea for something? Share it in the comments.
Thanks for reading my friends, I really do appreciate it.
Have a great day!